future workshops & businesses will serve as dorms and classrooms
for our elementary school until the main building is built.
With another $64,000 or 56.000€
we can finish it. If you'd like to contribute, please mark your
donation with "building fund". Ways
to donate on the left.
month I told you how the situation with our land seizure
by the government had just been resolved, after we paid
a big amount of money. We were relieved and thankful that we got
to keep all of our land after all! It did not take
long, before the next challenge arrived, and Paul
is already pretty tired and worn out from constantly
trying to resolve trouble and running from office and office all
day long. Please pray for him!
years of not building, we started our fourth building
a year and a half ago, and we are very excited about it. We want
to start our school in this building, and move
the boys' dorm into it, so that Paul can have a
3-bedroom apartment on our base for his family
and hopefully move back in with us. It will also house our businesses
and workshops. Our previous builder (whose negligence made
our house fire possible) was not available any more, but we found
another Christian builder that seemed to have a
higher standard of quality of work (we have some other issues with
him though). So he started our fourth building.
neighbors went to the government to accuse
us (what's new!), and it turned out that we did
not have a building permit for this building. So officials
came with a summons to court for Paul for illegal
construction - much to Paul's surprise! Our previous builder had
always taken care of the permits before starting to build. Paul
asked our current builder, and it turns out, he had thought we already
had the necessary permits. He refused to help Paul
take care of this new problem.
Paul contacted certain friends once again, and
in the end, they dropped the court case, praise
God! However, we still need to pay a fine, and
then get a permit, which is what Paul is working
on right now. Once again we need to pay thousands of dollars/euros,
or they'll destroy what we have built so far. It
seems that we just can't get a break! I can only praise God, knowing
that we are doing His will, as the enemy
is so mad at us, trying everything in his power to stop
pray we can pay the fine quickly, and
that Paul can get the permit quickly, so that construction
can continue. Pray also for strength and
encouragment for Paul. Thank you!
TO STAY OR NOT STAY?
time we had just been to immigration to apply for
Randy's permit to stay in Austria, and that was
just the beginning of a two-week ordeal that caused me sleepless
nights. We had three lawyers who advised
us, and we followed every suggestion they made, though they were
sometimes of opposite opinions. We also received
free counsel from an NGO, and nothing anyone said panned
out. Austria now has a zero-immigration policy,
and what was still true not long ago, was not so any more. Sometimes
it was appalling how officials treated us, like
we were trash to them, and nobody seemed to care whatsoever. They
asked if my parents were alive, and when I said yes, they said I
didn't need my husband at my side, as my parents could take care
of me. For two weeks we spent our days waiting in government
offices, following up each lead. And
the deadline of June 5th was approaching, which
was the day Randy needed to leave Europe.
God, the Lord did the miracle of giving us a person
at immigration that wanted to help us. I don't
even know how He did it! I've never met that official in person,
but we have spoken on the phone many times. He did everything
in his power to help us, and his boss at immigration was
also aware of our case. When Randy's day of departure
had arrived, I talked to him and he told us that Randy could
stay in Austria until a final decision was made whether
to grant him a permit or not. What a relief! I was so thankful!
We continued gathering all the documents together
that they required (some of them quite a
challenge to get!) and sent them to them. Now all we can do is wait.
had some alternatives to resolve this right away,
thanks to European law which is less strict, but now we're first
waiting for immigration's decision. Since I studied in Paris
in the 90s, if I could get a paper that proves it, Randy could stay
right away (unfortunately I have not succeeded in getting that paper).
Also, if I could get a job in another EU country,
Randy could stay, and our Christian lawyer could help us set that
up (it would cost money).
decisions take time in Austria, so it could still
be weeks until then. Please pray for a favorable decision,
so Randy can stay the last 3 months of my pregnancy at my side.
With my ever-growing belly and the challenges that come with it,
I would not know how to cope without him at my
Warfare - We need intercessors to hold
us up in prayer! We have a closed Facebook group for our intercessors.
Fees - It is the time of year when we have to enroll
all our 30+ school kids in school for next year, which
adds up financially. Thank you for giving generously
to enable our kids to get an education!
Vacation - Our kids are now on their 4-month
summer break, and I wished I could be with them. We have
no volunteers to occupy them, and I'm not there
to teach them as I usually do for part of the summer, so they
get really bored. Please pray for them and Paul.
Pray also for volunteers.
Triplets - The last two check-ups at the hospital, they
asked me to come back in 2 weeks instead of 1, as everything
looked so great. The babies are growing perfectly, and
next week I have the anatomy scan to look for
any abnormalities. We should also find out their sex then. I'm
21 weeks along now. Please continue praying
for me and the babies. My blood pressure and thyroid numbers are
now under control.
Teacher - We are still looking for a French-speaking
first grade teacher to join our team next September.
There is such a need for a good, Christian school where the children
are treated with dignity and learn something.
Many of our Muslim neighbors would send their children to our
school. Please pray we'll find a teacher!
Director Paul - Paul's wife Rokia has
been doing well with the treatment she is getting.
Please pray for her complete healing. Pray also for Paul who is
Situation - Mali is becoming more and more radicalized
by jihadists. Also, the population is rising up against the government,
still not accepting the president's election. Please pray for
peace, and for protection from
- Do you want to come change an orphan's
life? Do you want to heal the sick? Preach
the gospel to those who've never heard? Come to Mali
for a season and let God change your life. No language skills
needed, but French skills are helpful.
The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born.
Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the
Lord your God.